Friday, March 18, 2016

Pieces


I wish people knew who I really was. Sometimes I feel that the girl that speaks so loudly your heart sometimes stops, the girl that always has weary eyes and seems so tired, the girl that can't seem to get a word in edge wise when someone with much more eloquence and charisma is in the room. That isn't me. That isn't who I want to be anyway. But it's funny how sometimes the person I am and the person I don't want to be end up being the same.

But the truth is, I don't want to be looked on as someone who doesn't have anything to say. It's a given, though, that a blank paper or screen is the best mode to capture a glimpse of me that not many people know. When it's filled with words that don't show a person's face, but instead a person's mind and heart.

This winter I realized that part of the reason people know me so well is because of what I put through writing. Essay writing, short stories and scripts, stageplays, scrawled notes in my journals...pieces of me that I put out in the open, crystallized in the pages or on the screen. A piece of me that can be taken by anyone. And yet only a few people have seen those pieces, have taken a glimpse. The truth is, not a lot of people really know who that person is yet.

This is the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment