Sunday, January 3, 2016

Planning My Year


Call me a nerd or what you will, but one of the reasons why I'm excited to start the new year is so that I can use my bullet journal and Passion Planner!

What is a bullet journal? The creator, Ryder Carroll can explain it better than I can on his website, bulletjournal.com. In a nutshell, it's a DIY analog system that allows you to plan, make to-do lists, and pretty much anything else you want it to do!

My supplies are simple for planning! I use Muji pens, Daiso highlighters, a basic ruler, and a squared Moleskine Classic Notebook.


This is my general January set up! Huge thank you to Kara from bohoberry.com who inspired me to do some of the layouts for my bullet journal!



Some new things I'm trying out are the habit tracker, which will hopefully get me in the habit of doing things that will make a positive impact in my life, like working out more and taking more fish oil pills (I know that's random, but they have really good benefits!)


I also want to start saving more and use the money for experiences and things that will benefit me the most. 

My favorite part about the bullet journal is that you can customize it to your liking. Planning is so much funner for me now that I can be creative, yet still maintain organization and focus on important assignments, projects, and goals. I've been bullet journaling for 14 months now, and yet I'm still learning and challenging myself with the bullet journal!

Something else I like to use is the Passion Planner, which uses a time blocking system to help you visualize what your weeks and months look like. I mostly use it for my weekly plans because as a UCLA student, the weeks in the quarter system are super important!




Hopefully this blog post stirred up some creative juices in your brain for planning for the new year! I think it's really important to have a good planning system to help maximize your time and focus, so if you haven't started using any type of planner of some sort, you definitely should!

Thanks for reading! Talk to y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment