Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Arizona: A Grand Road Trip

Out of a whim, my mom and I packed a few of our belongings into my Corolla and we drove for 5 hours east to Gilbert, Arizona from our humble hometown of San Bernardino, California to visit family. The drive didn't feel that long since we ate, talked about life, and admired the views on the way, which soon became just plain desert about 2 hours into the drive. Nevertheless, we arrived to Gilbert, and the first location we went to the day after was Sedona!


Sedona has beautiful cacti and red sandstones, and the town itself is very quaint and ranch-like. I immediately felt like I was in Cars Land back in Disney's California Adventures as I was cruising in my Corolla. One of the things we tried in Sedona was  prickly pear ice cream! Unfortunately it wasn't the bright purple color like I saw in pictures, but it was still pretty tasty!

Of course, our Arizona road trip would not have been complete without a trip to the Grand Canyon!


On our 4 hour trip from Gilbert to the Grand Canyon, we ran into some snow! It was refreshing to see snow cover the desert landscape, almost as if we were in the countryside.

The views of the Grand Canyon were beyond words. The picturesque sunset behind the Grand Canyon definitely made the freezing 20 degree weather afterwards worth it.


I would advise trying to go to the Grand Canyon as early as possible. My mom and I barely made it two hours before the sunset, but I wish we had gone sooner to go around the South Rim to get as many photo ops as possible. There are also a lot of opportunities to hike, which I was unable to do due to my mom's aching legs.

Oh well, guess I'll have to come visit you again soon, Arizona! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment