Friday, January 9, 2015

The Ideal Reader, Short Films, and Other Random Things

If you’re reading this, you’re already a dream come true. My words, my voice, my thoughts, my my creative works, are being reached out to you, a stranger behind the screen. And I’m so grateful that you’re taking the precious time you have to listen and see what I have to say. But as selfish as I am, I want more than that - I also want my voice to be felt. I want my words to spark something inside of my readers that they never thought existed. I want them to feel a connection, a bond, no matter how faint or small it may be. I want my readers to understand that whatever they’re going through, they’re not alone. I want my readers to know that even though we may be strangers, we can still be connected in one way or another.


And this is why I want to share some of my creative work


This is my most recent short film that I made when I was abroad. It’s not perfect. But I hope somehow it speaks to you and that whatever you feel inside, it’s real.


[embed]https://vimeo.com/102277617[/embed]


I can’t put myself out there and not share other people’s work, of course! I’ve been inspired by other people’s voices as well, one of them being Wong Fu Productions! If you haven’t heard of them, check out my favorite from them, When Five Fell. The cinematography and dialogue is beautiful!


[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSrXMFcQ4dY[/embed]




If you have more time to kill (procrastination FTW) and you like to binge-watch whatever is on Netflix, watch It’s Such a Beautiful Day by Don Hertzfeldt. It's a compilation of very experimental short films and are unique in itself. Here’s the trailer.


[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN8Kd3zR_mE[/embed]


Reader, you don’t have to be perfect to be ideal. Just come with an open mind, an open heart, and an eagerness to read and watch the random things I post. And I hope you will be as happy as I am when :)

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice piece. I love the words you put in them - simple, inspiring and hopeful. With the theme song from (500) Days of Summer, it works nicely. I'll be following your blog to see what you come up next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words and for the follow! I'm glad you caught the music from 500 Days of Summer! It's one of my favorite movies :)

    ReplyDelete